Thursday, June 12, 2008

My Facts & Figure

SECOND ENTRY: Once I became determined and set my mind to it, I lost 20-pounds in less than 6 months, in fact to be honest it was closer to 5 months. I was stunned at how fast it came off. Those few months included December when I was constantly baking goodies for family and friends, because baking is something I LOVE to do. Twenty pounds gone! That was my goal! I couldn't believe how quickly I had achieved it once I'd resolved to do it. If 5 months sounds an eternity to you, think of how quickly dates on the calendar you'd rather NOT see come up, DO. it's the blink of an eye. Plus, you didn't put the weight on overnight, did you?

Once 20 pounds was off, I slowed down the pace of the diet since I'd reached my goal. But knowing weight maintenance can be a challenge, I decided to see if I could lose another 5 pounds to have some room to play. Over the next 5 months, I lost 5 more pounds; a slow but steady decline. I could have done it faster, but by accomplishing things slowly, I was letting my body get used to its new setting. With a quick weight loss, your body and your head learn nothing. Changing your eating habits is the best way to make a weight loss, stick. If you lose the weight too quickly, I guarantee it will come back on in a matter of months, probably more than you lost.

By the end of it all, it took me less than a year to go from weighing 140 pounds to 115. I went from a snug size 10-12 to a size 2-4. And I did it all through counting calories! That was in 2002. Today, I am able to stay under 120 pounds most of the time. I'm 5'4 and I'll turn 50 this year.
If you think the time frame of 25 pounds in 10-months isn't fast enough because you saw Valerie Bertenelli do it in less time through Jennie Craig, or some other celebrity do it in half the time with another quick weight loss program, think of this: those weight loss plans cost money. Mine does not. And here's another thing: if you were to put ON 25 pounds in less than a year, you would be shocked!

No comments: